Covid-19: Emergency Procedures and Services
These notifications tell you about changes to procedures in response to COVID-19. They must be read in conjunction with the full procedures for that subject area.
All procedures must be viewed form their original source to ensure that you are using the most up-to-date version. The full procedures may be found on the Old Zone (accessible to Aberdeen City Council staff only). Full procedures from the Child Protection Committee can be viewed here.
- COVID-19 Briefing – 2/4/2020 : Children’s Social Work Guidance – Hub Support for Children in need of care and protection
- COVID-19 Child Protection and Looked After Children Contingency Briefing 22.05.20
- COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment 22/05/20
- COVID-19 Briefing - 30-03-20 : Court/Criminal Justice Social Worker Reports/ Child Protection Orders
- COVID-19 Briefing – 08.04.2020 : Hub Provision for Vulnerable Children
- Virtual School Aberdeen Support Guide Covid-19
- Guidance for Practitioners working with children and families: Guidance to support our collective response to COVID -19
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Supplementary National Child Protection Guidance for Chief Officers and Child Protection Committees
- Remote Attendance at a Children's Hearing
- Social Work Condensed Report Template
- CAMHS Briefing 22/04/20
- Wellbeing Hub Stakeholder letter
- General Assessment Template for Home Visit
- Learning from changes that have been made during Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
- Health Improvement Scotland: Learning from change during Covid-19
- IRD Flow Chart - During COVID19
- IRD Minute Template - During COVID19
Covid-19 General Information COVID-19
Useful websites and information on both national and local services and information during COVID-19:
Adoption and Fostering Alliance Scotland - An online training programme has been developed by AFA Scotland. They have a mixture of half-day spot light sessions, a 1 day workshop and a specialised course, Securing Children’s Futures, accredited by Strathclyde University. Details of all these training events can be found in the link above. Booking forms are available as a download from their website www.afascotland.com.
GIRFEC Aberdeen Operational Guidance 2019
The Integrated Children’s Services Board promotes the use of the GIRFEC approach to enable us to collectively achieve our vision for children and young people across Aberdeen city.
All agencies have agreed to follow the GIRFEC Aberdeen Operational Guidance 2019 to ensure that we Get it Right For Every Child in Aberdeen and have aligned their processes and procedures to support closer partnership working. An editable chronology template is available here.
This guidance is subject to regular review and we welcome your feedback to ensure that it continues to support effective working practices.
Please e-mail any comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org and your feedback will inform subsequent reviews.
The Child’s Plan
The Aberdeen Practice Model
The Aberdeen Practice Model – DRAFT provides information on service delivery in Aberdeen and is available to download by clicking on the image to the right.
The Integrated Children’s Service’s Board promote the use of the GIRFEC approach to enable us to collectively achieve our vision for children and young people across Aberdeen city. All agencies have agreed to follow this Guidance to ensure that we Get it Right For Every Child in Aberdeen and have aligned their processes and procedures to support closer partnership working.
This Guidance, regardless of your role, will guide your work with children and young people, parents, carers and colleagues. Our GIRFEC approach builds on the good practice that we already deliver – where we work together irrespective of our job titles to ensure that we support children and young people to achieve the best possible outcomes.
This Guidance is subject to regular review and we welcome your feedback to ensure that it continues to support effective working practices. Please e-mail any comments or suggestions to email@example.com and your feedback will inform subsequent reviews.
A PRACTITIONER'S GUIDE TO INFORMATION SHARING, CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONSENT TO SUPPORT CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE'S WELLBEING
New information sharing guidance is available for all practitioners and managers working with children, young people and their families within the public, private and third sectors.
This guidance has been produced by partner agencies across Aberdeen City Council, Aberdeenshire Council, Moray Council, Police Scotland and NHS Grampian to ensure consistent practice.
The guidance is fully aligned with current information sharing legislation and will empower practitioners to share information confidently to support, protect and promote the wellbeing of children and young people.
Safeguarding and Protecting Aberdeen's Children & Young People
Aberdeen City Integrated Children’s Partnership and the Child Protection Committee are delighted to bring to you the new Safeguarding & Protecting Aberdeen's Children & Young People Training Programme which will, for the first time, pull together the Getting it Right for Every Child and Child Protection training.
Training is for individuals who work across Children’s Services within Aberdeen City only and there is no cost to attend.
Bookings to attend training can be made via Eventbrite
For any queries please contact: