Aberdeen Health & Social Care Partnership and Aberdeen City Council have developed a Carers Strategy to help drive the implementation of the legislation. This gives Young Carers the entitlement for the first time for an assessment that will be known as a Young Carers Statement.
The Young Carers Toolkit includes approaches to help Practitioners identify and support Young Carers. Following the best practice described in the Toolkit will result in a better-informed workforce across partnership services and improved outcomes for all Young Carers in Aberdeen.
Please click on the links below to download the Young Carers Toolkit resources:
Multi-Agency Toolkit to Support Young Carers
- Am I a Young Carer? Information for Young Carers
- What is a Young Carers Statement: Information for Young Carers
- Young Carers Statement Template Part 1
- Young Carers Statement Guidance Part 1
- Young Carers Emergency Care Planning Template Part 2
- Young Carers Emergency Planning Guidance Part 2
- Your Data: Young Carers
- Your Data: Young Carers (Parents and Others)