The Integrated Children’s Services Respected and Included Group was established as part of a new governance and planning structure for Integrated Children’s Services in Aberdeen, as approved on 10 February 2014.The role of the Respected and Included Outcome group is to work to the Integrated Children’s Services Participation Strategy and the Respected and Included definitions taken from the proposal for the development of guidance to support the GIRFEC provisions in the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014.
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child highlights the importance of parents, carers and practitioners in children’s services recognising every child’s right to be treated with respect and dignity at all times, regardless of their age, gender or social, religious and cultural background, regardless of what they may have done or failed to do.
- Every child or young person has the right to express their views on matters that directly affect them, and to have those views given due weight in accordance with their age and maturity by the adults who care for them or come into contact with them in a professional or personal capacity.
- The child who is treated with respect is more likely to be safer, emotionally and physically healthier, happier, more nurtured, more likely to feel and be included, more likely to achieve and more likely to respect themselves and others and behave in a considerate and responsible way.
- Every child has the right to be included. Inclusion is about the acceptance of all, and the recognition that each, regardless of their differences, can make a valuable contribution to the community.
- The emphasis is placed on addressing the needs of the whole child and not just those of current or most urgent concern and also assessing the child’s needs within the context of his or her development and environment and identifying the strengths and pressures in that child’s world.
Role and Remit
Draft Role and Remit
Approved Minutes of Meetings
Minutes of Meetings – 22nd March 2016
Minutes of Meetings – 26th January 2016
Minutes of Meetings – 26th October 2015
Minutes of Meetings – 7th April 2015
Minutes of Meetings – 11th February 2015
Minutes of Meetings – 11th November 2014
Minutes of Meetings – 2nd September 2014
Minutes of Meetings – 22nd July 2014
Minutes of Meetings – 2nd June 2014
Integrated Children’s Services Third Sector liaison Officer
Telephone – 01224 686070
Mobile – 07885993504
Email – email@example.com